1. Who’s NetSpend?
A: NetSpend Corporation is one of the leading providers of prepaid debit cards in the United States. A pioneer in the industry since its inception in 1999, NetSpend prepaid debit cards give financial freedom and convenience to the more than 100 million underbanked consumers in the United States. NetSpend is the only company in the prepaid debit industry to offer an end-to-end solution for consumers and merchants with a proprietary processing platform, card fulfillment, customer service and risk management capabilities. NetSpend offers your cash-based customers a secure and convenient way to manage their finances. Our cards empower customers to make purchases, pay bills, and shop online without a need for a traditional bank account or credit history. By providing customers with a NetSpend account, your business can reduce cash management, improve profitability, and strengthen customer relationships.
2. How is the NetSpend Prepaid Debit Card different from a credit card?
A: The NetSpend Prepaid Debit Card is prepaid, which means it is completely powered by cash. The money a customer has in their NetSpend Prepaid Debit Card account is the money they have to spend.
3. How will my business benefit if I choose to market the NetSpend Prepaid Debit Card?
A: Non-payment is one of the greatest obstacles facing the industry. By offering a prepaid debit card as an alternative for cash based customers, you can help achieve these opportunities. As a NetSpend Marketing Agent you will enjoy the following benefits:
- Minimize cash on site
- Increase customer retention
- Provide your cash paying customers a banking alternative
- Increase customer loyalty
- Give cash paying customers a discount if applicable
- Store materials at no cost
- Quick and easy order process
- FREE monthly charge for employee cards
- Enjoy ongoing revenue stream each time your customer:
1. Pays bills or makes a purchase
2. Enrolls in Direct Deposit
3. Recurring Direct Deposit
4. How will my customers benefit if I choose to market the NetSpend Prepaid Debit Card?
A: NetSpend helps millions of individuals actively participate in mainstream financial life. We offer several benefits and features:
- Ability to pay bills on line, over the phone or automatic bill pay1
- Direct Deposit - get faster access to your paycheck or government benefits check!2
- No overdraft fees
- No credit check3
- FREE Life Benefits available to Direct Deposit Customers4
- FDIC insured
- Text message alerts-notification of purchases and balance
1 Some bill payment services are subject to fees. See Cardholder Agreement for details.
2 Faster access to funds is based on comparison of traditional banking policies versus electronic direct deposit.
3 The USA PATRIOT Act is a Federal law that requires all financial institutions to obtain, verify and record information that identifies each person who opens an account. During card activation, you will be asked to provide additional information that will allow us to identify you, such as your date of birth and Social Security number. You may also be asked to provide documentation and proof of identification.
4 Coverage underwritten by Stonebridge Life Insurance Company, Rutland, VT. In the event of a covered loss, you or your family receive a monthly benefi t based on the amount direct deposited to the NetSpend Premier
card during the preceding 35-day period. Benefi t will be paid monthly for up to a full year. Total benefi t value cannot exceed $8,000 within any 35-day coverage period. Actual benefi t amount depends on type of loss and is
subject to applicable exclusions and limitations. Coverage not available in all states. Additional terms and conditions apply.